Thursday, August 19, 2010

One rose, 2 homes


Abraham Darby rose, Denver, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

I thought hard about digging up my pet roses in California and transporting them in a trailer across 100+ degree deserts and making them get used to a new home. But.........here we are. This lovely Abraham Darby rose is a beauty in any yard but what a difference the amount of sunshine and heat make. All of my roses have adapted so far. Of course I know winter is a different story. I have transplanted a few of them in the ground here but this one is still confined to a 2 gallon plastic pot. Even with all the neglect and abuse this rose is a beauty. I wish you could smell her frangrance.

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

Denise, I am so delighted to see your roses survived the trip and appear to be right at home in Denver. Really gorgeous!