Monday, August 16, 2010

One more room done!


IMG_0972, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

In my basement I have 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, my future messy room (studio) and this big family room. How lucky am I to have a fireplace downstairs!
When I first moved in all the extra boxes went in this room and the room behind it. Well as of Sunday I no longer have ANY cardboard boxes....not even in the garage. My upstairs is "beachy" but those who have been in my previous home know that I have some colorful furniture. It is perfect down here. Basically primary colors and a little whimsey and country....lots of room for playing games, reading books and cuddling with a cozy quilt. Oh yes, that is my wine fridge in the back.
The back 4th bedroom is yet to be purposed but it is ready for guests who like to sleep in a crib.

7 comments:

Winifred said...

My you have been working had. The house must be huge! Lots of space there. It's lovely.

Marjorie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marjorie said...

Denise, You have done a great job! It will be a very cozy room this winter! Actually, it is a cozy looking room to be enjoyed now. I am looking forward to visiting in the near future:-)

Unknown said...

I am having such fun watching your new home take shape. I love the basement. It is a perfect spot to read.

Denise said...

Oh Yey! Jan! Thank you for commenting! I am creating fun places to do things like read but so far no time for reading.....except gardening books and children's books.

jojo said...

Your home is HUGE AND beautiful:)

Denise said...

Thank you, thank you, all. Please come for a visit anytime