Thursday, August 12, 2010

More feathers!


feathers, 2, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

2nd in a series. Ella and Kate are beginning to recognize which feathers come from which birds. The top grey one is from the local pigeons which sit on the wire morning and night. The striped one came with me in my rescue pack from California. It is from a hawk in my neighborhood there. The little gold one is still a mystery but we're working on identifying it. More to come. This afternoon we are going to the park to look for a goose feather.

4 comments:

Marjorie said...

I hope you find one from a Peacock. Do you know if there are any in your neck of the woods? Perhaps I should go back to the nursery where I bought my Meyer Lemon Tree today and ask them if they have any to spare from their Peacock. I know you would paint another great picture to go with your collection. Hawks are so beautiful. Are you going to frame your feathers after you have finished painting all of them?

Denise said...

There are several peacocks at the Denver Zoo less than a mile away from my home. They would make a good contribution. I went to the park this evening to collect goose feathers. There is quite a large flock of Canadian geese that just hang out there and the zoo which is actually the same property. I am planning to do 4 or 6 and group them together.

jojo said...

Very beautiful feathers:) Yes, a Peacock - ooh la la!

Ralph said...

Wow what an interesting idea. I painted a feather once and it sold you have inspired me to look again.