Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday baking


fig and almond tart, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

I started baking bread yesterday and I just finished this lovely fig and almond tart today. Inspired by the beautiful figs I found at Whole Foods this week and a segment on Martha Stewart I just had to grab the flour and get going. It was a little difficult finding a fig tart recipe but this one is dandy. The rustic crust is like a crostata. The figs are halved and placed over a almond/marcapone cheese paste. Very quick and easy Try it!

7 comments:

Marjorie said...

Denise, It all looks simply, delectable! I can't wait to make the bread. The figs look beautiful, not my favorite fruit but I am going to take a deep breathe and make the crostata because it looks wonderful and I trust your taste. I hope I can find the mascapone.

Marjorie said...

I meant deep breath. I guess I got all excited looking at those lovely creations

Denise said...

Thank you , Marjorie. I couldn't find Marscapone today so I used cream cheese. It was fine.

Marjorie said...

Denise, A great idea using the cream cheese instead of mascarpone and a lot cheaper too.

Did you use regular or low fat cream cheese?

Denise said...

I think you could use either since it is such a small amount. I had regular in the fridge so that is what I used.

jojo said...

Mmmmmm - looks great!

Scarlett said...

Oh my goodness! I would pay $10 for a slice of that tonight!mmmmmmm!@