Saturday, October 17, 2009

cliff succulants


cliff succulants, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

What a beautiful Saturday! I decided to start the day early with a yoga class in Laguna Beach. When I left the house at 8am it was 72 deg. The sky was a beautiful blue already so I was optimistic that it would be clear at the beach. The Yoga class about killed me but the beach was calling me to take a walk on its shore. I crossed PCH to the Montage Resort and then down to the water. It was a bit overcast but burning off so I took my camera. This time of the year the tides start to shift the shoreline. In the summer the beach is flat but in October the water relocates the sand....first by berms and then steep verticals. The wave breaks were powerful and loud leaving rough deposits of sand much different than the soft sand of summer. Very few people this early. My friends were the seagulls, pelicans and sandpipers.. After my walk on the beach I went home to a temperature of over 90deg and it wasn't even noon. More birds at home: the hummingbirds were feeding off of my lavender, nasturtiums and salvia. A pair of yellow throated warblers hopped up onto my front porch to look for food. What a great way to start my day

No comments: