Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Denver Botanical Gardens


Denver Botanical Gardens, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Sunday morning we took a trip to the Denver Botanical Gardens. The leaves on the grape arbor were just beginning to turn color. The grapes were no doubt harvested last month. The view is to the herb garden. I was delighted that there were so many plants that grew here and were thriving. Even my favorite roses were hardy. One of the sad thoughts of moving to Denver has been the limitation of garden varieties but after visiting....even in October I am now excited to garden in Denver. The Botanical Gardens are the most beautiful I have ever visited. It rivals the Huntington Library and Gardens in San Marino, California but the design, architectural elements and the variety if gardens is unbelievable. Whitney purchased a family membership (luckily for me the fam includes Grandmothers) so I am excited to return with my sketch and watercolor books....and maybe a down parka and gloves.

2 comments:

jojo said...

I'm so glad you can continue with the green thumb things in CO:)

Marjorie said...

It looks like you had a fun day with your girls :)