Tuesday, October 6, 2009

French rose baby quilt

I went to Denver this weekend to see my girls and to go to a baby shower for my new Great niece due to come into this world November 11. I hope she will like this quilt I made to keep her warm. The pattern I used was French rose. It is a raw edge applique which means the edges are not sewn and will therefore softly fray the more it is loved and washed. It has a chennile piece in each rose making it even more soft. The border is a Kaffe Fassett design. I love the orange and pink and the big roses give it a very modern look.

3 comments:

jojo said...

I've been MIA (vacation) and missed your blog:( Love the French Rose shirt and quilt. Kate is darling!

Marjorie said...

Lucky baby! Beautiful quilt.
Kate will love her shirt :)

Amber T said...

LOVE this quilt! Your big French Rose quilt has always been my favorite and I love the colors on this baby quilt. So cute.