Thursday, August 13, 2009

Peches Cardinal


peches cardinal blue, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Oh this is a pretty dessert! It is a way to use the poached peaches posted about 10 minutes ago.
1 quart fresh raspberries
1/2 cup sugar (Julia suggests 1 1/4 cup---too sweet for me)
Force the raspberries through a sieve and place the puree in a blender with the sugar. I used a food mill straining out the big stuff but not all the seeds)
Chill the puree and the peaches and serve peaches on the bottom, puree over the top
Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume I page 630

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Denise, I am sure both of these recipes are delicious as well as pretty. Did you eat all of them? I am sure I would have.

Denise said...

Oh God, I wish I had more friends to share my peaches with. I am eating way too many myself. Help me!

Marjorie said...

I wish I could but it's a bit of drive from here :)