Sunday, October 26, 2008

Salad of persimmons, pears and pomegranates with grape vinaigrette

from Alice Waters' "Fruit"
As you know by now I am on a persimmon frenzy. The ingredients are simple: Fuyu persimmons, pomegranate seeds, ripe pears, grapes (if you can find wine grapes, even better) frisee & radicchio The dressing is not so simple but really tasty: 1Tbs sherry wine vinegar & 1/2 cup grapes mashed together; season with salt and let stand 5 minutes. Then add pepper and 1/4 cup olive oil; blend all together and add to the mix of fruits and lettuces. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

I can imagine how " tasty" that salad must have been. I will keep checking the markets for persimmons.

Jane LaFazio said...

YUM. I'll be with marjorie, checking the stores for persimmons--I haven't seen any yet in San Diego.