Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chez Panisse "Fruit"

Persimmon, pomegranate, walnut & frisee salad:
I received a lovely gift in the mail from my friend, Marjorie, today: Chez Panisse "Fruit" by Alice Waters. I have recently been seduced by persimmons and have been searching for ways to use them. Just peeling and slicing the Fuji variety is perfect but this beautiful cookbook has a whole chapter on persimmons. Heaven! This salad combines the 3 main ingredients with a sherry wine vinaigrette and is served over frisee (curly endive) Besides being colorful it is very fresh and crunchy. Try it! If anyone cares these are my three favorite colors all on one plate (well really, hot pink, but close)

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

Whole foods in Portland, Maine did not have persimmons today, imagine! I will have to wait on that recipe, but I must say it looks fabulous Denise. I bet it tasted wonderful.Marjorie