Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Paperwhites, 2 weeks & pine cones


paperwhites, 2 weeks, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

At 2 weeks we have some changes: The roots have found their way out of the bulb and into the water, the stem shoots have started their journey UP and are turning a bit green. It has been warm during the day and cold at night. If they are too slow outside I will bring them in forcing them to bloom earlier but I am going to be patient for a while. Each morning on our walk, Sophie and I make little discoveries. Pine trees are one of the 3 trees that Aliso Viejo has used in the landscaping so this time of year our walk treasures are the cones. We are collecting quite a few. They make pretty additions to my minimalist Christmas decor.

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

I get excited when I see green shoots :) Can't wait till the next stage happens.

Denise said...

I know! Do you think they will be blooming by Christmas?

Marjorie said...

I'm sure they will :)