Saturday, December 5, 2009

Orange fennel salad


orange fennel salad, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

and Voila! Orange fennel salad:
1 fennel bulb, sliced very thin..use the top for garnish
4 oranges, peeled and also sliced thin, (I used Cara Cara oranges)
spinich or arugula
blue cheese
walnuts, toasted
dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
juice from 2 lemons ( I used my Meyer lemons)
salt
pepper
Mix the sliced oranges and fennel bulb in a bowl and toss with dressing
Lay a bed of the greens on each plate and then add the orange mixture
Sprinkle blue cheese and toasted walnuts on top
Garnish with the feathery tips from the top of the fennel

Post script: tablesetting: 10 lords a leeping (W-S Christmas linens), hand folded Christmas tree made from a retail catalogue.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

I love spinach, fruit,nuts, and cheese together. I will look for fennel when I'm in town next. I probably won't find meyer lemons unless I drive 4 1/2 hrs to Portalnd.

I can imagine how yummy your salad was.

Denise said...

Marjorie, I am sure regular oranges and regular lemon juice(probably les quantity)would be great. I used what I had.