Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas tree topiary


topiary, Christmas tree, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Just when I thought there would be no indoor Christmas tree this year I was inspired by Martha Stewart on her daytime TV show. One of her gardening experts demonstrated how to make a topiary out of ivy. Being the garden enthusiast that I am, whenever I trim ivy I put the trimmings in a new container of soil and pretty much ignore it other than giving it water. So I had some ivy already, a Christmas tree topiary form and about 10 minutes. Voila! I DO have a tree this year. I love this low key, use what you have decorating.

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

I think it could use an ornament or a bow :)

Denise said...

It does look a little plain. I think I will try some gold ribbon.

jojo said...

Too cute! I love topiaries. Too bad my thumb is dark brown:(