Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Melly's pescatore


Melly's pescatore, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

We all have our muses: Ten days ago I took a workshop from Melanie Testa on soy wax monoprinting. At dinner Saturday night not only did we eat food but we also talked food. I asked my art teacher if she had a fantasy dish what would it be? "pasta" and "shrimp". So Melly, this one is for you. I used the cappelini pescatore from Francesco Buto on the foodnetwork.com site and then tweeked it a bit. I used fettucini for my pasta. I found some beautiful shellfish...scallops, tubed squid and of course jumbo shrimp at Whole Foods. I used fresh organic tomatoes, Sauvignon Blanc, free range chicken stock. I further seasoned the sauce with ancho (cayenne would also be great) pepper flakes A must: shallots/ not onions and a light pasta sauce....because fish is light and needs mild complementary flavors. I finished off this sauce with about 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt. Try F-N posted recipe or try mine....it's pretty yummy. For dessert try key lime pie. Thank you for the inspiration, Melly!

4 comments:

Marjorie said...

It looks delicious I must try it soon. I have lots of frozen scallops so that will be a nice way to use some of them.

Melly Testa said...

yogurt huh? wow, this looks really good. I have been wanting to experiment with non cheese ravioli, like broccoli rabe, shallot ravioli with a light butter caper sauce and shredded parmagiano romano cheese. You have me wanting to cook now. Yes, great inspiration.

Winifred said...

That certainly looks delicious.

Jane LaFazio said...

YUM!