Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monoprinting workshoop with Melanie Testa


my favorite, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

This weekend I indulged myself in a workshop taught by the fabulous Melanie Testa and assisted and arranged by Jane LaFazio in the old Navy Training Center in San Diego at the San Diego Watercolor Society. Melanie came from Brooklyn to teach us her technique for printing with dyes using soy wax as a resist. We will use our products in small art quilts later but this weekend was devoted to technique. There was a variety of women artists attending and therefore a huge diversity of dyed fabric on Sunday evening. In between "playing" with wax, dyes and color we shared some time around the grounds, having a glass of wine and enjoying beautiful San Diego's Point Loma and Shelter Island. On my walk Sunday morning I welcomed the morning catch from the game fishing boats. Thank you all for an inspiring weekend.  Click on any of the photos and it will link you to my flickr page where you can see more

2 comments:

Jane LaFazio said...

Oh yea!! beautiful! So great to have you in the workshop, Denise!

Marjorie said...

I agree with Plain Jane...Really fabulous. I wish I could have been there with you, sigh!!!