Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gifts from the sea


gifts from the sea, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Today after my yoga class I walked down to the beach at the Montage Resort in Laguna Beach. This is a public beach that just happens to be the frontage to a fabulous resort. I don't remember the first time I went to the beach as a child but I still and always have enjoyed walks on the sand...barefoot of course. The sand feels so good as it meets the bottom of my feet. Some beaches have very fine delicate sand. Some have rocky pokey sand and some, like today's, have larger grain sand that massages the soles of your feet with a little crunch. Today the tide was very low and it allowed me to look into the tide pools and find the hermit crabs scurrying from place to place underwater. There were a couple of skimboarders enjoying the little waves, a woman reading her book and a couple trying to capture the perfect photographic opportunity. But for me I found a few treasures along the beach. The mussel shell (such a gift to find them connected) was freshly washed up. The tumbled shell was an old soul and the seaweed....well it was just common stuff. I enjoyed it all. Beats work anyday

No comments: