Sunday, June 13, 2010

Oh and the fabulous wine!


grape vines, Palazzoni, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Where wine is less expensive than water. Well of course I had wine every day..sometimes with lunch as well as dinner. Often just by itself. Kristi and Bill arranged for 2 wine excursions. The first was at Il Palazzo del Gusto where we learned about the qualities of all the Orvieto wines and tasted quite a few. We also were introduced to the philosophy of cittaslow, or slow food. Olive oil of course is fabulous in Italy so we had a little tutorial on OO as well.
Then one afternoon we went as the only guest party to Palazzoni winery where the owner, Giovanni educated us and entertained us. Of all the wine tours I have been on in California this afternoon surpassed them all. The ambiance of the winery and the countryside simply begs you to return. I am not sure I will have the opportunity to return to this lovely spot but I will cherish my memories and search for Orvieto's fine wines here at home. Doesn't this post whet your appetite for a nice glass of wine?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Denise, I will tell Giovanni that you said that. He'll appreciate it!

Marjorie said...

I want to move there immediately :) It certainly does look very inviting Denise. I hope you do get to go back there someday.