Thursday, April 15, 2010

radishes with herb butter and bread


IMG_0301, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

and then I get to create something in the kitchen with radishes: taking inspiration from Ina Garten in her "Barefoot in Paris" cookbook I decided to make an herb butter from the herbs in my garden and have sort of an open face radish and butter sandwich.......tres Francais! and tres delicieux!
Here is the recipe for herb butter:
1 cube unsalted butter
fresh herbs:
1Tbs chives
1Tbs tarragon
1Tbs parsley
1tsp dill
1Tbs fresh lemon zest (Meyer lemon)
1/2 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
In a mini cuisinart mince the herbs until very fine, add the lemon zest and juice, then add room temperature butter, salt and pepper and mix until blended well.
Bon Appetit!

Don't have fresh herbs or a mini-prep Cuisinart? I don't believe I know you.

No comments: