Thursday, April 15, 2010

Radish frenzy


radish, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

I have a lovely day off today and since I filed my taxes over two months ago I have time to enjoy my day. If you know me or if you've been following my blog you know that the 3 things I love to do the most are paint, garden and cook. Today I did all 3.
I have been crazy about radishes lately. Last weekend I found these gorgeous big ones at the Farmers' Market. They have given me much inspiration and brought back fond memories of my childhood when it was so much fun to grow these little guys and even more fun to eat them....icy cold, fresh and crisp.

6 comments:

Marjorie said...

Great paintings and I will try growing radishes when I get a more permanent address,sounds like a fun thing to do. I love herb butter, it goes great over a piece of grilled salmon too!

Denise said...

Funny I had grilled salmon tonight for dinner...never thought about adding the butter to the top. I did saute some young turnips in it though.....fab.

Ralph said...

I grow loads of vegetables but have never grown raddish maybe I should try if you can turn them into beautiful works of art. Lovely thankyou.

Scarlett said...

Curious... How do you find the time almost every day to do such precious paintings? It strikes me as a visual diary. Quite lovely.

Denise said...

Scarlett,
It is my journal. I can look back through my sketches/watercolors and recall vividly what happened at that time, what motivated me to choose the subject matter and how I felt at that time.......a very expressive way to diary. I started this exercise about 2 years ago and look forward to the next opportunity I have to add another page.

Jane LaFazio said...

wonderful, and the spreckles in the background are perf.