Thursday, April 22, 2010

Eden rose in the morning


Eden rose, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

First bloom of the spring. Ah! I love this rose. Four months ago I dug this 15 year old rose out of its home in the soil in hopes that I could transplant it to a container ( a very large container) and then eventually to a new home. I was not too sure it was going to work. I cut back this climber so that I could handle it, cut off almost all of the thorns on the 3 remaining canes and hoped for the best. Early this morning this bloom greeted me and made me smile. I hope it gives you joy, too.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

It is a beautiful rose. I think it is smiling, the way the sun shines on it.
I hope it will be as happy in Colorado as it has been in California.

Laura @ EdenRose said...

Wow, it's beautiful!! Thank you for letting me know you had it. The rose is my fav variaty and my mum has one climbing over her garden wall, it smells incredible. Hope you enjoy it this summer XX