Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shit Howdy!


Shit Howdy!, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

watercolor in blacks and silver
In the late 80s Western was in. All of us had a pair or two of cowboy boots. My favorite ski hat was a black cowboy hat and the piece de resistance: a bolo tie ( this just happens to be black onyx). Either piece alone or in combination just happens to give you a little attitude as well. I am planning to revitalize a little cowgirl attitude when I move to Denver. It is the West after all. Maybe a little 2-step, a little plaid shirt wearing and a little "Shit Howdy!" Maybe not the dancing on coffee tables. I hope those days are gone.

7 comments:

Marjorie said...

Terrific painting Denise... Really love the boots. I'm gonna get me a pair of those :)))

Denise said...

Thanks, Marjorie and then grab Harvey and go do a little Texas 2 step at your local honky tonk!

Marjorie said...

Oh sure. I don't think you are going to see Harvey on the dance floor any time real soon and due to the fact that he needs a eeee wide shoe no boots either.

Denise said...

Come on, Marjorie, y'all are in Texas. I think they have EEEE boots there. There are real men in that state after all.

jojo said...

LOL - I had to look at it THREE times to make sure I wasn't making up the shit part! A girl after my won heart - yeehaw!

jojo said...

LOL - i do have to proof my posts - or maybe I'm dyslexic. . . OWN heart!

Ralph said...

LOL go for it why stop at coffee tables how about a few baroom stools as well. Love the painting and the humour made me smile. Now following your blog looking for more little laughs and great work.