Friday, March 26, 2010

La Jolla


IMG_0227, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Yesterday I went to La Jolla for a book signing by Frances Mayes, author of "Under the Tuscan Sun" and just released: "Every day in Tuscany". I have read the first of her books about her home in Italy but this trip and this book will serve as the prelude to my trip to Orvieto in May. It was a beautiful day and the drive down to San Diego is always stunning this time of year so I headed out early to enjoy my drive and to get there early without the stress of traffic. After settling in I headed down to the beach which you all know by now as my favorite place to be. As I walked along the shoreline on the road above I spotted California brown pelicans flying in formation and then landing on a local rock, not too far from where I was. I love these birds, love to watch them fly along the coast and was absolutely tickled that I had brought my camera with me.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

What else can I say other than stunning! Denise, What a treat you had.I remember that stretch of beach well.

Denise said...

Yes, Marjorie. All was familiar from the last time I was there which was with you and Mary. The shops were charming as was the whole town. It was a stunning day.