Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Crab cakes, watercolor recipe


Crab cakes, watercolor, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

OK so sometimes I like to write down my recipes with pictures. I am still enjoying my yummy crab cakes from Sunday and wanted to make a recording of my experience....that is what journaling is about. I keep a sketch/watercolor journal and as I look through it later the day that I captured this way I can remember vividly.
I also love the beauty of ingredients in the kitchen so here is a new version of crab cakes.....no calories with this serving
Bon appetit!

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

This is a fabulous painting Denise. I love the colors. I bet you worked on it for quite some time.

I wish I could read the ingredients but my eyes can't quite manage that small print. I don't know how you can write that tiny. Amazing!

I am glad you are enjoying your crab cakes.

Denise said...

Thank you, Marjorie. I did work a couple of hours on this. I love the orange of nasturtiums and cooked crabs just happen to be a beautiful orange too. This painting is 9"x12" so the writing is not that small. It is simply all of my ingredient, method, serving, wine pairing and comment notes on my preparation. I did this once for ratatouille only with cloth. Kind of fun. I'm sure I'll do it again. Great for crossing over from food to art.

Jane LaFazio said...

9x12! wow. Great page/painting Denise!!!!