Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kerry

My niece, Kerry, is celebrating her birthday today. Instead of my traditional cupcake I have sent her tulips. It is getting to be close to Easter. I wonder how many times Kerry's birthday has fallen on Easter Sunday. It is random but of course does happen. Kerry lives in Denver near her Mom and brother and his family and near my daughter's family too. She went to college in Boulder...a beautiful place to be. When she was little and visiting my house she finished her dinner by saying that she was ready for dessert. I said, "but Kerry, you have not eaten your dinner." To that she replied, " I am satisfied from my dinner." When challenged again she answered, "but Aunt Denny I am not satisfied with my dessert...so I need my dessert." This is a phrase I do use from time to time when I really just want to skip right to dessert. Thank you, Kerry, for your childhood wisdom I hope you have a very happy birthday!

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Denise, Kids can't be dissuaded easily, can they? We were in a cupcake store this morning and I heard a little girl say to her Mother " I love this place" she wasn't going anywhere till she got her little cupcake... that was obvious. The few adults that were close by all chuckled. The cupcakes were delicious, but pricey. I am pretty sure we will return :)
Great tulips, and calorie free!

jojo said...

Cute story:)