Monday, July 26, 2010

Fall in the Garden


Raised beds, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

I am so excited about planting a real garden in my new yard. In Aliso Viejo I had very little space with very little direct sun to grow much at all. But here in Denver I have a pretty big lot for the city and PLENTY of sunshine....at least in July. Man it's hot here.
After taking a "fall planting class" at the Denver Botanic Gardens I planned my space, ordered my wood and assembled my raised beds this weekend. There are three. This is as far as I got. Since there was one sprinkler head in the middle of this space Ryan and I decided we would try a soaker system for watering. That is the soaker tubing in the front bed. As soon as we get that installed I will be ready to plant. Hopefully I will have broccoli, cauliflower, beets, carrots and lettuces in the fall. Maybe I'll try onions and garlic too.
P.S. I am exhausted and have miles to go

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Denise, I am so proud of you, the beds look fabulous. I am looking forward to seeing your veggies growing in them. I know you will have a wonderful crop to harvest.

Parisbreakfasts said...

Looks very neat to me..
BRAVO on yr new garden venture!
And the door knobes