Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back in the kitchen


Elm Street kitchen, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

After 3 weeks of unpacking, rearranging, adding pantry units and shelves I am ready to cook again. I can't be happier. Last weekend I started with ice cream: classic French vanilla, fresh strawberry and my favorite--chocolate gelato. I used only egg yolks so with 10 egg whites begging to be used I decided to make an angel food cake today. This light a fluffy cake is so perfect for fresh berries and so easily found in grocery stores but you haven't tasted the real thing until you've had one fresh from the oven. I wish you could be here to taste it. Here goes the process:
I used Martha Stewart's Baking for the cake and Ina Garten's gelato for the recipes, both easily found on the internet.

5 comments:

Melly Testa said...

Wow! I have never seen what angelfood cake looks like. Perhaps your next move will be even closer to New York City and I can come taste it!

Marjorie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marjorie said...

Crazy! There were no pics when I first looked, but upon returning to your blog the pics came up. The cake looks amazing. I want a piece with some chocolate gelato and strawberries.

jojo said...

Glad you are feeling at home. The cake and gelato look wonderful.

Denise said...

Thank you, all
Melly, I am so glad to hear from you. I will admit I have been incommunicado for the last year while this "move" was taking place. I will visit your blog next
Marjorie
Yes please pick up some strawberries on your way over. There is plenty of cake left.
Jojo- love to hear from you again. I will try to be more regular with my posts. Although I love to make these treats, I don't eat much of them. Otherwise I would be a blimp.....the joy is in the process