Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Red Baron peach tree


peach tree, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

This tree is in full bloom outside my bedroom window. It is a fabulous hot pink color. It will now take until late July to turn to fruit and ripen. This is in my orchard section of my garden. I have a tiny yard (about 8 ft by 40 ft) on the side of my house and a front porch that occasionally invades the "community space" but I have 6 fruit producing trees. The peach tree gives me about 200 pounds each summer. It is the pink blossoms this time of year that are breathtaking.

2 comments:

Winifred said...

Mmm it looks lovely and sounds delicious too.

Marjorie said...

It is a gorgeous tree. I really love the color of the blossoms. I would imagine the scent is heavenly. I think you are in for another bounty of peaches this summer.