Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Give us this day...

Brioche....I made bread this morning.  I started 2 nights ago and had to put it in the fridge to "hold" for a while for life to get in the way.  So this morning I took my brioche batter and shaped it into my pans and topped it with a "petite", waited for it to rise and then baked it off before leaving for work.  It was here when I got home....begging to be tasted.  A quick photo and now I'm off to have it for dinner.  The second loaf was shared with Kate's babysitter.  I think it was gone within the hour.
My grandmother taught me how to make bread when I was a teenager.  I remember when I was in dental school, getting up really early to make a batch of bread and bringing it to 8am class warm.  It, too, was gone within an hour.  I am still grateful for what my grandmother taught me and I miss her almost every day.

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Funny Denise, I was looking at Ina Garten's recipe for brioche over the weekend thinking I might make one. I ended up making sausage rolls instead another Australian favorite, they were delicious.

Scarlett said...

yummmmmmmm -- i'll have 3, please :))

Winifred said...

That looks lovely!