Friday, July 15, 2011

July is "ice cream" month


Grapefruit and basil sorbet, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

President Ronald Reagan declared July National Ice Cream month! He further declared the third Sunday as the official "Ice Cream Day"
I already posted my lavender honey ice cream recipe 2 weeks ago but here's another. This was an experiment. I have made other citrus ice creams and sorbets but I thought I would try one with grapefruit. Here it is: Grapefruit and basil sorbet
simple syrup made from
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
heated stovetop until sugar melts and then cooled in the fridge
1 cup grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed, cold
4 large leaves basil, julienned
You know the rest...
That's it!
Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

Winifred said...

Sounds lush!

Marjorie said...

Can't wait for you to come to Texas for a visit. Maybe we will make some ice cream while you are here:-)

Denise said...

That's a deal!