Monday, February 7, 2011

What to do on a snowy day


cupcake pincushion, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Shortly after my last post it started snowing again and by morning there were 4 more inches on the ground, roof and trees. With the layering of 5 snowfalls in 6 days and freezing then a little warmer thawing temps followed by freezing it makes for very slippery walkways and roads. What you need on days like this is an indoor project
Make a pincushion:
I used a pattern for my first cupcake made with Ella the other day but it had its limitations so I tweeked the pattern to come up with an easier one to work with. The pincushion is filled with crushed walnut shells and lavender. When the pins are pushed into the cushion there is a lovely lavender scent and the walnut shells help to keep the tips of the pins sharp. I love this little pincushion and it comes in really handy with my "Day at the Beach" quilt I am making.
Great things to do on a snowy...icy day.

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

I love your cupcake pincushions. It is a great project for a snowy day.