Thursday, February 3, 2011

Think summer!


Bikini block, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

OK yesterday I woke up with a frozen pipe in my kitchen water supply and after "teasing the pipe to thaw instead of bursting I went to drive across town to pick up Ella from school and the car wouldn't start. It took 4 hours for AAA to come to my rescue and I can't thank my friends Harvey and Marjorie for coaching me through a frozen water pipe. But after the day was done I had the joy of working on my latest quilt.
There are very few in this country wearing a bikini this week but for those who are in warm weather.........GOOD FOR YOU! I am so jealous!
Think summer!

2 comments:

jojo said...

It's a whole different world outside sunny SoCal, eh? I feel for all of you in the brrrrrrrrrrr cold.

Love your applique! I'm busy indoors sewing and listening to some good and not so good books:)

Better weather to you!
jo

Marjorie said...

Denise.So glad we were able to help you (mainly Harvey) with your frozen pipe situation. You sure had a day that you wouldn't want to repeat:-I love your latest blocks, especially the starfish. I am sitting in front of a beautiful fire that Harvey made earlier as you noticed "It's damn cold in Texas as well". Take care!