Friday, February 4, 2011

Home sick with Nana


chicken noodle soup (orzo), originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Poor sweet Ella (7 1/2) went home sick yesterday from school and so she came here for the day while her parents worked. Of course a good grandmother would make chicken soup to help make her well and then she was very helpful while I made bread after her soup. After lunch we decided to make dessert together. By the end of the day Ella was beginning to feel much better and I think she learned just as much at Nana's house than she would have at school.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Next time I'm sick I'm coming to your house:-) That is a great looking loaf of bread. What kind of bread machine do you have?

Denise said...

I don't have a bread machine. I knead it by hand with a start in my Kitchenaid. Thank you. Both loaves were absolutely perfect. I used Ina's honey white recipe from her "
"At home" book.