Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sketchbook challenge


Laguna lifeguard station, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

"Highly Prized" is the theme for January's sketchbook challenge. The theme is in itself a challenge and I have sat 6 days trying to think of something appropriate, meanwhile following other posts that seem so different.
I lived in California for 62 years before moving to Denver. As I sit inside wondering when the warmest part of the day will be to take my big Akita, Sophie, out for our walk I remember warm sunny days and barefoot walks on the beach. The ocean and beach are my "highly prized" favorite place to be. I hope to return soon to refill my senses.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

I know where you are coming from Denise. I hate the cold, miserable, weather and I'm grateful to be somewhere warmer these days.
Love your painting!

jojo said...

I lived in CA for 48 years and miss it too. I did go walk my dog the other day when it was 32 and thought "how do they do this in snow?!" I do love the cold weather for a change but nothing is like CA. We'd move back there in a heartbeat. . .

Keep the faith,
jojo

ps- are you following Jane on Facebook? OMG - like a bunch of school girls - LMAO