Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gifts from the Sea, watercolor


Gifts of the Sea, watercolor, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

I have joined the sketchbook challenge (see right). It has encouraged me to sketch more often and try something new. There are prizes involved but so far there have been well over 1000 sketches posted. Each month is a different theme. This month is "highly prized" which intimidated me at first but came to realize that anything you are willing to sketch is a prize. I love to walk on the beach....so many things to distract the frenetic energy running around in your brain.....there is the ocean, the sky, the people, the birds and if you look down enough and are lucky there are shells. There are not too many on our beaches any more making them highly prized but through the years and after many walks you can end up with a little collection. I hope you find a good shell on your next beach walk

5 comments:

Winifred said...

I do like that picture. Lovely effects. There's nothing like a walk on the beach is there, even in cold weather the sea is fascinating.

Funny but all my holidays tend to be where there's a beach. I haven't consciously selected them for this reason. Must be part of my psyche that I choose these places without even thinking.

Denise said...

Oh! I think your psyche is way ahead of your conscience thoughts, Winifred. The beach, the ocean and all that they embrace is so wonderful at refreshing the soul. Thank you for the comment. I hope the sun is shining where you are.

Marjorie said...

Another beautiful sketch Denise. I am going to start my next painting today, also water related:-)

Denise said...

I hope to see it soon. I'm sure it will be beautiful

Kristin Dudish said...

Wonderfully beautiful shells... and such a great reminder of warmer weather (I so need that right now!)