Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tomatoes for dinner on shrimp enchiladas


shrimp enchiladas, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

This morning on the way to the Farmers' Market to buy these lovely heirloom tomatoes I was listening to a segment by chef Jaime Gwen. She created this recipe for some sort of seafood celebration and highly recommended to give it a try. So I did. It reminded me of a fabulous lobster thermidor only with a chipotle kick wrapped in a tortilla and topped with guacamole and fresh Brandywine tomatoes. Brandywines are an heirloom tomato very dark red with a bit of black streaked through. OMG these were good. Her recipe will be posted only for a week. If you want it past then, I can e-mail it.

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

Denise, I am off to bed but thought I'd take a peek to see if you had made the enchilada's. I guess I will be trying this recipe soon.

Looks delicious! I might make this recipe with lobster, that does sound good.

Denise said...

Oh you lucky girl....lobster would be absolutely fabulous. Use a little more chipotle than she calls for. Mine was a little mild. I could have used a little more kick! Nothing rich for dessert! Fresh fruit or lime sorbet would be perfect. I think I will make some lime sorbet manana. Good Night!

jojo said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Looks soooo good!

I could eat your lunch meal 24/7!