Saturday, July 18, 2009

Peach Salsa!!!!!!!!


peach salsa 2, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

More peaches!
4 ripe peaches, pealed, pitted and sliced or chopped
1 Jalepeno pepper, charred, seeded and chopped fine
1 Anaheim chili, prepared like jalepeno
ginger, fresh grated fine
red onion, chopped and macerated in fresh squeezed lime juice
zest of 1 lime
cayenne pepper to taste
cilantro, chopped fine
Zest the lime, squeeze the lime juice over the chopped red onion and leave to macerate or "cook" the onion. Prepare the peaches, add the peppers, ginger, cayenne and cilantro. Let the flavors blend. I am going to serve this over a nice Halibut steak, grilled. Tomorrow I will reconfigure all of the elements to have fish tacos. Isn't life grand?

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Looks Delicious. We are going to Ellsworth for supplies today. I will pick up some peaches and make salsa. I am sure it will go great with our grilled chicken tonight.

Denise said...

It was yummy. I served it over Halibut on a bed of sauteed spinich. I'm sure it will be good on tender chicken too.