Saturday, July 11, 2009

chicken grape and cashew salad

This is a favorite summer salad of mine. It's crunchy with the cashews and fresh with the grapes and very satisfying. It is also very high in iron. I used to make it just with the chicken salad alone but I now prefer it over a bed of baby greens dressed with balsamic vinegar and a good olive oil. Here is the recipe:
Chicken breasts (thighs if you want more Iron) cubed
celery, chopped
red seedless grapes, halved
mayonnaise, celery salt and celery seed to taste
add right before serving;
roasted and salted cashews
serve over baby greens ( baby spinach for more iron)

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

It looks delicious. Harvey and I just finished up a chicken salad that I made friday. One of our favorite salads.

Winifred said...

That looks fantastic.

I don't eat meat but will make it for my husband. He likes chicken and I'm sure he'd love this.

Wonder if I could make it with fresh tuna?

Thanks Denise.