Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cottonwood tree, Denver


Cottonwood tree, Denver, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

This week Whitney and her family moved to Denver. It was a very hot week with no air-conditioning in their "new" house. They moved into a repurposed Lowry air force officers' quarters that is now a townhome in a lovely little neighborhood. This cottonwood tree has been here as long as the buildings and is absolutely beautiful. When the breeze passes through the leaves it provides this rustling sound that is so soothing to listen to. For a break from the lifting and unpacking I would go out to the front lawn, sit in my Adirondack chair that I had shipped along with them and watch Ella and Kate ride their scooters in their new neighborhood. I plan on visiting as often as possible until I can get there too.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

I know that sound, it is soothing. I love your paintings.
I can see you sitting there enjoying life :)

Winifred said...

That sounds lovely. That picture looks so cool and pretty.

Hope it's not too long before you get to move there too.