Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Birthday to me

Yikes! These numbers are getting up there.  I was born on a Friday and this year my birthday was on a Friday again.  It's ok.  It happens to a few of us.  I have always loved having a birthday around so many holidays.  Lincoln's birthday the day before.....we actually celebrated Lincoln's birthday when I was in school....and then Valentine's Day the day after.  It's a happy time of year.  I started celebrating this year by participating in a Mala workshop at my Yoga studio.  Mala beads are Buddhist prayer beads.  We created necklaces of stone beads that had special meaning to "LOVE" and ourselves.  I chose beads that attract serenity, love and creativity.  My single stone protects me from harm.  Yesterday I practiced a little Yoga in the studio and then spent the rest of the day at home with my Denver girls.  Ryan made a yummy dinner and we polished it off with chocolate fondue!!!  The dippers were strawberries (of course), pineapple, kiwi and gluten free angel food cake.  My Kate has a personal signature of getting more chocolate on her face than in her mouth.  This morning I went to a Pilates class and then had my 67 year old toes painted lilac.  Thank you all for your lovely Birthday wishes.  I appreciate every one of them.  Now I must go take a nap.
Mala beads
Triangle pose
Reverse warrior 2  Who doesn't practice  backyard Yoga in Denver in February with Granddaughters, chickens and goats?

Chocolate fondue for birthday cake

She just can't help it- more chocolate on the face than in the mouth
Goofball Ella

May we all walk with love and kindness, peace in our hearts,  and barefoot with lilac toes
Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: