Sunday, January 11, 2015

Happy New Year! January quilt block

Happy 2015  Wow!
I am busy working on a new quilt in the cold evenings in Denver where all you can do is stay in.   These are some pictures of the January quilt block.  The trees are all bare around here and a few birds around - but mostly ice and snow and very cold days.
This was my first block- a little catywampus.  I did improve through the process

The Canadian geese hang out in Denver.  The button looks just like one in a flock of hundreds.  The ribbon detail is a branch of an evergreen with pine cones Lots of beads.  Lots of stitching..  Lots of French knots for the berries on the tree

Snowman and snowflake buttons, ribbon snow and pinecones

I tried to add flowers that were blooming in my garden in California where I lived when I stitched this quilt.  In the lower left are narcissus in bloom

Who doesn't like a snowman in winter?  Here is a stitched on and several on the ribbon.  

Sorry it's blurry.  Hundreds of French knots for berries

No comments: