Thursday, June 23, 2011

and then there were 4

Eleven weeks ago I became the proud chicken owner of 5 baby chicks, all "sexed" prior to taking them home. Each has taken on her own personality with the most curious and most daring one being "Popcorn", a buff Orpington (tan or golden color) Well last week after releasing the chicks from their coop in the morning Popcorn looked right at me, flapped her wings and crowed out a pathetic "cock-a doodle-do" It was apparent for sure that Popcorn was not a girl chicken but a rooster. So he has gone to a new home. Denver does allow chickens but no roosters. I am sad to lose this curious cockerel but I am comforted knowing he has a new good home.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

They are very cute Denise I can tell they know they have a good home. You will get lots of lovely eggs from those happy hens:-)

Jane LaFazio said...

ha! chickens! they are adorable though.