Thursday, September 16, 2010

Apple bounty


apple bounty, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

When I moved from California I left an apple tree in full fruit in my Zen Garden. I was sick to leave this little tree that I planted 6 years ago when it was finally mature enough to give me yummy apples all summer long. I have since planted 3 new apple trees in my back yard but it will be many years before I will have much to harvest. Well my neighbors' tree is already there and is so weighted down by fruit that it is burdened and branches are threatened to break. So the tree was trimmed this week before the fruit had been picked. The neighbors were very gracious and offered me any of the fallen fruit. I was across the street with my basket and scissors in an instant. Now with over 25 pounds of apples I now have to scurry around to make good use of them. Serendipity?

No comments: