Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Zen garden face lift.


face lift, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

It has been a week of unbelievable weather in Southern California. Great for gardening. I got the urge to open up the look of my back yard Zen garden and transplant my favorite roses that have covered the arbor for 8 years. I had given up the idea of having roses when I move to Denver until I visited the Botanical Gardens there and saw that many of my roses were thriving there. So in the attempt to give my garden a new look I also snuck the roses out. This was no easy task since these climbers and major canes and major roots. I pruned them way back and then transplanted them into huge pots. Then I rearranged the furniture a bit. I prefer the intimacy of the previous look but this does look bigger and more open. In the process my local hummingbirds were furious. I had to remind them frequently that I was the one who provided them with food and not to dive bomb me every minute. What do you think of my new space compared to the old?

No comments: