Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jump for joy! 2010


J4j 2, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Well here is this new year's theme: Jump for joy! For the last 10 days the new year has been very good but tomorrow I will truly be overjoyed with a new baby to love.....my fourth grandaughter! My son, Brad and his wife, Amber and daughter, Reina, will welcome a new baby girl into their and my family. We are all so excited we can't sit still. You can be sure that at soon as I get a photo it will be posted.
Last summer I took a calligraphy class for fiber art from Lisa Engelbrecht and came home with some painted and written muslin. It has been in my studio drawer waiting for inspiration. The new year provided a new theme and this piece was perfect as a starting point. The "joy" is spinning in the lower right corner. I started stitching and beading and adding recycled felt circles from my Christmas wrapping along with new and used ribbons. This is the result. I have not worked on an art quilt in over 6 months so I was pleased to take the time to make this.

Last year's personal theme was "Dance". It seems as though I am still trying to keep movement in my life. I hope it is a great year for all of us.

4 comments:

Marjorie said...

Denise, Hope all goes well today for Amber and baby. Be sure to announce the arrival.

I am happy to see you were able to take some time out and get into your art bag again. I didn't have as much fun but Harvey and I got a lot of old paperwork weeded out. A good feeling!

Denise said...

I will keep you posted about baby Dos due to arrive at about 12:30 pm

jojo said...

I recognize that piece of art! Very nice:

Positive thoughts for the new granddaughter - joie?? LOL

Jane LaFazio said...

Janie is a much better baby name, Jo Jo!! :-) I too recognized your art from Lisa's workshop last July. and the felt buttons. jump for joy, you made an art quilt!
xo