Sunday, November 8, 2009

The spa at La Quinta


The spa at La Quinta, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

Early this morning I took my rescue pack (art on the go) out to squat in front of this building known as The Spa. Soon into my sketching a resort employee driving a cart offered to bring me a chair to sit in. About an hour later the Spa manager offered to let me come in to the Sanctuary to do my art there. It is interesting when you take the risk to "be an artist" in public what kind of people come by to watch. Anyway I spent a couple of hours on this and then we had to come home so I finished it this afternoon at home. It is a bit larger than this....my scanner needs to expand a bit to get it all. It is 15" x 11"...a little big for me. It was a good art weekend.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

This is another great painting Denise. I can imagine how fun it was hanging out there.

When we win the lottery we will go there for the full treatment :}

Denise said...

Great idea. I'll buy a ticket today! Thank you, Marjorie