Thursday, September 25, 2008

October Sunset


October Sunset
Originally uploaded by cabanagirl
Sunset color quilt. The pattern in this quilt is a log cabin. The blocks were configured so that all the blocks on the outside were "orange" and the blocks in the middle all pink. I loved the results so much I made 2. Three years ago in October my brother died, taking his own life at age 58. I will never understand this but I do know that I miss him. He was a great brother and a great friend to share my childhood with. I was in shock when I got the news of his death and worked frantically for 4 days designing, cutting, piecing and finishing this quilt. It was great therapy.

1 comment:

Jane LaFazio said...

oh denise, I'm so sorry about your brother...What a shock. I'm sure you miss him very much...

the quilt is beautiful.