Thursday, March 23, 2017

Good morning!

I am a creature of habit.  I usually have the same thing for breakfast every morning.  I do my best to make it delicious, healthy and from home grown or the best food available.  I broke out of my old habit into a new one after Brad made me a fabulous breakfast of lightly sautéed leafy greens with a poached egg on top.  Here's my version:

sautéed leafy greens with over easy egg over sour dough toast
with half grapefruit

mise en place


leafy greens ( this blend is spinach, chard, kale and mizuna)
one handful
one fabulous backyard egg
toast - optional
a little olive oil
grapefruit


Lightly sautéed the power greens in olive oil until soft, add room temperature egg, cook as desired.  Place greens on toast and top with egg.  This is a low calorie high nutritious breakfast with one serving of veggies, one of protein and one of fruit and a bread if added.....and a fabulous way to start your day.
Bon petit déjeuner!


No comments: