Sunday, June 9, 2013

Patience!


Poppy, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

This has been a rewarding week in the gardens of Denver-mine, the botanic garden and just driving down the neighborhood streets
There were not many lilacs this year because of the last freeze but the irises are magnificent.
This week celebrated some firsts in my garden: First wisteria after planting nearly 3 years ago....nothing like in California but a start none the less. First peony: many neighboring plants are huge and proliferous but I have a couple of white ones....again nearly 3 years after planting and this gorgeous poppy which measures about 8 inches in diameter and is so black in the center it is purple. Patient is not how anyone would describe me but I have found some being a gardener in Denver.
I hope your garden is blooming!

No comments: