Monday, June 24, 2013

and the winner is..


Abraham Darby rose, Denver, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.

This is my winning rose, Abraham Darby. She lives in Denver but used to live in Southern California. I brought her and 4 more roses with me three years ago and hoped they would acclimate to this weird climate.
Just 7 weeks ago we had snow on the ground but it has warmed up since then and all the roses are in beautiful bloom in Denver. There was a rose exhibition at the War Memorial Rose Garden in Littleton on Saturday and yesterday an exhibition/show at the Denver Botanic Gardens so I thought I would give entering my roses in the exhibit and ...
This pretty rose won a first prize!! I also won one second for Paul Bocuse rose....and 3 thirds. I am glad I brought these roses 1000 miles East. They bring me great joy!

No comments: