Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Denver Art Museum-Becoming Van Gogh


Denver Art Museum, originally uploaded by cabanagirl.
Yesterday we rang out the old year by visiting the Van Gogh exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. Ella, Kate and I bundled up and headed downtown. I think this is the last of the Denver museums we have visited. I think we have now done them all.
Kate and Ella sit in a downward facing sofa against a wall of chef knives.
"Becoming Van Gogh" is a fabulous chronological journey through his genius. All of the paintings are a collection of privately owned pieces. It is amazing this artist had such a short span of paintings..only about 10 years. Of course we are all familiar with his wonderful Provencal colors of blues, greens and yellows.
I think I'll go get my paints out.
Happy New Year

No comments: